CQ-Contest

test to see if i hit reflector

Subject: test to see if i hit reflector
From: andrews@telemax.com (Andrew Sargent N8OFS)
Date: Sun Nov 28 21:07:21 1993
test

--
Tell Me Something I Don't Know,           ! HAM =       N8OFS
Show Me Something I Can Use,              ! ARMY MARS = AAN5HJT
Push The Buttons,                         ! CB =        THE NEON KNIGHT
Connect The God-Damn Dots!!!  -  Ministry ! HACKER =    TH3 N30N KN16Ht

From: Timothy Bradley Totten <kj4vh@coplex.com> (Timothy Bradley Totten)
Subject: /MM problems, part deux

I hate to harp on it, but I would advise everyone who used CT to double
check the scoring for their maritime mobile Qs from this last wknd.  Here's
just one example from my teeny log:

I wrkd AA5DX/MM on 10.  He was my first zone 33.  CT correctly gave me
the zone mult, but it also gave me the USA mult even though I had not yet
wrkd a "real" US stn.  Fortunately, I realized this at the time, but I
would have really felt stupid if I hadn't worked another "real" US stn
later, and ended up losing a mult!

Of course, as some folks pointed out in response to my earlier posting,
as long as you work another QSO from the /MM stn's home country, the
mults all work out in the wash.  What I didn't make very clear last time
was the fact that the *QSO POINTS* CAN STILL BE OFF--CT gave me ZERO points
for the AA5DX/MM QSO (because AA5DX is from my own country), when it
should have given me THREE points.

I can easily fix the scoring on my printed log with an ASCII editor, but
I'm not really sure how to change the .BIN file to reflect the same score.
Any thoughts?

Again, I hate to belabor this issue.  I just don't want anyone to lose
any hard-earned points (or gain any "non-earned" points, for that matter!).

73, Tim

  Tim Totten, KJ4VH     Home tel +1-502-239-6486
  kj4vh@coplex.com      Home fax +1-502-239-7766
              Kentucky Contest Group

From: D. Leeson" <0005543629@mcimail.com (D. Leeson)
Subject: W6QHS CQWW CW 15m

W6QHS single op/single band 15m:  759Q x (33Z + 102C) = 290,655

Rotten conditions from here to EU, high winds and power outages...]
having fun yet?  I miss the good sunspots!  Still fun, though.

Cheers de Dave, W6QHS

From: Scott A Stembaugh <n9ljx@ecn.purdue.edu> (Scott A Stembaugh)
Subject: WV9Y CQWW CW 93

After some rig problems here is the bottom line:
M/S - ops WB9TOW and N9LJX

Q 608 Z 107 C 274
599,694

I'll post breakdown later. Started with only 60 q's for first 10 hours.
Finally found that the rigs xmit was off by abt 1.5 kc. Suprised we got what
we did! Thisngs flowed well after that. Nice 10m opening Sunday morning. Able
to pick off mults barefoot.

Now how do I get my sleep patterns back in order???

--sas