CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...
From: n4vhk@summitschool.com (Henry Heidtmann)
Date: Tue Mar 6 17:52:35 2001
<Pine.LNX.4.10.10103061739460.2028-100000@sumnet.summit.winston-salem.nc.us>
Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

Nice comments, Tree-
I believe there was a request for topics to discuss at the Contesting
Forum at Dayton- I think this thread (and others- SO2R, ethics,
categories, etc.) is worthy of spending an hour or two
in open debate/discussion- not just the guns up front, but an open forum
of ideas and comments from the gallery-
I, for one, would be thrilled to voice my opinions about this (and other
apsects of our sport) in person to my competitors ( I say that with a bit
of tongue in cheek) at that forum rather than watch 4 more powerpoint
slide shows about "someone else's fortunes." Not a slam against some of
the previous presenters, but these type of presentations would be better
served just as well with pictures and text on a web site (and I could save
it for presentation at a club meeting!)

Open discussion is always good for the soul, and we dont do it in
person enough. I bet would make for one helluva forum.

Thanks for the soapbox-
Henry, N4VHK
W4WS Contest Crew
Winston-Salem, NC