CQ-Contest

CT ADDRESS

Subject: CT ADDRESS
From: rthorne@VNET.IBM.COM (rthorne@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 1 08:57:58 1994
Whats the internet address for the CT forum?  I had some problems over the
weekend that I would like to discuss.  Direct reply to RTHORNE@VNET.IBM.COM
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rich - WB5M - RTHORNE@VNET.IBM.COM

From: Michael Christie <michaela@freenet.scri.fsu.edu> (Michael Christie)
Subject: CQWW--HZ1AB

Note: the following is being posted for Terry [N4KT] who does not have
access to the Internet from Dhahran.

Station:        HZ1AB

Class:          SO/80m

        QSOs    Zones   Countries       Score

        496     19      65              114,744

Terry noted conditions on 80m were terrible. He was only able to make
one 80m LP contact [W6RJ on Sunday]. Bob was the only LP signal he
heard on the band all weekend and this at "really 2x2." Only a handful
of W's were worked on 80m short path and only two Caribbean [VP2EC and
PJ1B]. He heard ZF2JI several times but he never seemed to listen
below 3.8 MHz; also, VP5R was heard but Terry couldn't get thru over
the Europeans on the band under these conditions.

73 de mike, K7RLS/4

From: Tony Brock-Fisher <fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com> (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Subject: Which CW Filter for 765?

In preparation for CW contests, I am contemplating the addition of some
250 Hz filters to my 765. (As a side note, the stock CW filters in the
765 are so much better than those of the 735 it's incredible). The
question is, if I add only one, which one should it be? There are
two available, for the 9 Mhz. and 455 KHz IF's. Can anyone come
up with a reason why it makes a difference?

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com

From: Bill Standerfer <bills@hpislwes.lvld.hp.com> (Bill Standerfer)
Subject: CQWW SSB - KI3V/7!!

>CT Comments:  Used version 9.13.....
>             1)  Keyboard would slow down and not respond to my input.
>                 sometimes laging from .5-1 second.
>             2)  While logging a station and hitting enter it would
>                 freeze up and would say "IC-765 Radio Timed out".

I had the same thing happen with 9.10a and an FT-1000.  I think I've traced it
to RF getting into the Yaesu interface or the RS-232 line that connects to it.
More work to do before SS.

Bill

Bill Standerfer                        *        Hewlett-Packard Company
CFI-A, IA, ME                          *        VXI Systems Division
bills@lvld.hp.com                      *        Loveland, CO  80539
Baron N222AB - KF0DJ - Pikes Peak 253  *        303-679-2378