CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] II Marconi Memorial Contest HF 1997

Subject: [CQ-Contest] II Marconi Memorial Contest HF 1997
From: n4si@pobox.com (n4si@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Jun 2 21:01:54 1997
>                  The II MARCONI MEMORIAL CONTEST HF 1997
>                     (http://www.publi.it/ham/marconi)

>      2) Date and time: Every IV full week-end of June from 1400 Utc
>      Saturday  till  1400  Utc  Sunday.  In  1997  it  will  be  on
>      28-29 June.

While this looks like it could be an interesting event, the choice of
dates is unfortunate. I would think very few U.S. or Canadian
stations will be participating as the annual ARRL Field Day event is
always on the 4th weekend in June. This event is perhaps the largest
and probably oldest operating event in amateur radio, and is the one
event cited as the genesis of most contesters in North America.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996