CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] ts940 opinions wanted

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ts940 opinions wanted
From: leith@inhb.co.nz (Leith Jennings)
Date: Tue Jun 3 23:13:04 1997
Paul Erickson wrote:

>  I would appreciate hearing any pro's and con's from a contesting point
>  of view. I am looking for a cost effective way of getting into a computer
>  controlled rig. I am currently using a ts930sat and qrp plus, but since
>  I run in the qrp catagory, being able to search and pounce with a band map
>  would be really helpful.
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  cheers, Paul
>  VE7CQK
>  email: paul1@wizard.ucs.sfu.ca
>

> --

Hi Paul....
I use a TS940 with the Guille chip in it (40 tuneable memories) and like
it a lot. Not as much as my FT1000D, but it is a quantum leap over the
TS930 I used to have. No failures yet!
73 de Lee
Leith (Lee) Jennings  ZL2AL - ex ZL8RI, ZL7AA, VE3LJ, VE3OE
Email - leith@inhb.co.nz    "The worst day of DXing is infinitely
                              better than the best day working"