CQ-Contest

GM3YOR CQWW 160 score

Subject: GM3YOR CQWW 160 score
From: g4dbn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Neil Smith)
Date: Wed Feb 8 20:21:00 1995
A bit late, but Drew sent me his score today
Single op, Hi power, with packet

534 qsos   71 countries   33 mults    358592 points

Cheers, Neil g4dbn@cix.compulink.co.uk

From: JTALENS@fcc.gov> (Talens, Jim  (JTALENS@fcc.gov> (Talens, Jim )
Date: Wed Feb  8 20:21:00 1995
Subject: TS930

I have just "updated" my station with the purchase of a TS930, serial in the 5
million region.  I am now looking for a compilation of mods for that radio,
preferably available through Internet (FTP).   I note that one purported such
sources is oak.oakland.edu; it has plenty of information on Kenwood
equipment, but not the TS930.  Any suggestions?  Many thanks!

Jim, N3JT
jtalens@fcc.gov
n3jt@wa3tai.md.usa.noam

From: fish@crl.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P  Concentric Systems, Inc.) (Bill Fisher,
KM9P  Concentric Systems, Inc.)
Subject: Who had unused call list?

Who had the unused callsigns list available?

Thanks

---

From: scott@6.microbbs.us.com (Scott Lieberman) (Scott Lieberman)
Subject: Dit-Dit

 b> You mean you're gonna replace "dit dit?"

 b> =======================================================================
 b> Barry N. Kutner, W2UP       Usenet/Internet: barry@w2up.wells.com
 b> Newtown, PA                 Packet Radio: W2UP @ WB3JOE.#EPA.PA.USA.NA

Yeah, I'm going to sell it to the highest bidder, or perhaps swap it with N6BV.

               N1EE/6

From: Richard Riley (G0JFX)" <RRILEY%ESA.BITNET@vm.gmd.de (Richard Riley
(G0JFX))
Subject: LF at the sea side

F6KBF uses an excellent VHF contest site near Dieppe in northern France.
The coast line there offers an open horizon from west to east through
north giving propagation paths to G,ON,PA etc over the English Channel.

Our site sits on top of the cliffs at 80-100m above the beaches below.
Obviously the results on VHF/UHF are fantastic...the question is...can I
take advantage of this height on LF and HF?

Ken Silverman recently posted articles referring to slopers on LF run
from high buildings....but this is a slightly different case...
..my building is initially chalk cliff with the rest of France holding
it up!

Any ideas?

73

Richard Riley
G0JFX/F5VCO

-----------------------------------
email:  rriley%esa.bitnet@vm.gmd.de
packet: G0JFX@N0ARY

From: Richard Riley (G0JFX)" <RRILEY%ESA.BITNET@vm.gmd.de (Richard Riley
(G0JFX))

From: mraz@maverick.aud.alcatel.com (Kris I. Mraz) (Kris I. Mraz)
Subject: radials for 4-square

For those with 4-square arrays: How did you arrange the radials? For a single
vertical they would be arranged radially (natch) from the base. However,
I'm not sure how to arrange them in the middle of a 4-square where they would
all overlap.

73
Kris AA5UO
mraz@aud.alcatel.com