CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] FT-1000D & FT-1000MP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000D & FT-1000MP
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Fri Jun 20 19:01:45 1997
Gentlemen (& ladies), I bare my ignorance to the world.  I wish
to purchase either the FT-1000D or FT-1000MP to replace my aging
(and I suspect, somewhat deaf TS-940S/AT - at least on 10 & 15).
I have the usual external and internal paraphenalia that allows
digital control of the TS-940S by the computer.

My question is: Does the FT-1000D and/or FT-1000MP come with the
built-in ability to connect to the computer or does one have to
have the external boxes?  Does either of the two come with this
as an option (cost?) or is it a built-in capability on all of the
rigs?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Rod, W5HVV
w5hvv@aeneas.net

P.S.  Anyone made a comparison between the two Yaesu rigs and the
Kenwood TS-940S regards sensitivity on 10 and 15?