CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] re: Casual contesters...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: Casual contesters...
From: n3bb@mindspring.com (Jim George)
Date: Sat Mar 24 06:53:14 2001
Very well said.

I really don't understand why people would be on this reflector, and then
state that they are letting CQ magazine drop for $30 a year.  For me, CQ
and QST are like my annual support of NPR and the local PBS TV station.
These are part of my fundamental value and interest system.  If one is
interested in radio sporting, then one must support the institutions that
support this interest.

CQ sponsors the CQWW, and the WPX, both among my top four contests (along
with the ARRL and IARU).  CQ includes the W3ASK propagation column, which
is the basis for every one of my serious contest preparations.  They print
articles about antennas and DX-peditions.  CQ sponsors the WAZ program.  At
some point we must decide what matters for us.  The hobby will not survive
unless we support it.

Jim George

N3BB/5