CT-User

[ct-user] ARRL 160 Contest for US Territories

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ARRL 160 Contest for US Territories
From: "Herb Schoenbohm" <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 05:56:52 -0400
Dear CT  User:

All my versions of CT do not allow me to log DX stations since the program
consideres me DX (I am indeed in the Virgin Islands) but the CAC states for the
purpose of this contest I must compete with W/VE stations and not be considered
DX, which I have been doing for years. This year I did not even get listed even
though my Q rate was high and I worked most of the ARRL sections on 160!  The
CAC, with their traditional arrogance, refuses to even revisit this problem,
which doesn't surprise me, even though their rules are not really clear on this
point.  They claim that the US territories, although they count for DXCC are
not really DX for the purpose of the ARRL 160 meter contest.

My post is a request for anyone who has a fix for the CT software so I can log
DX contacts in the ARRL 160 meter "DX" contest.

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
St. Croix, USVI