CT-User

[ct-user] ct and win98

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ct and win98
From: Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:38:52 +0100
Dave,

Understand your point I think.

Here is a sightly different way of looking at it.   DOS is really the
operating system and all that CT or many programs require.  The distribution
media for DOS however also contains utilities e.g. FC for comparing files
and add ons like the DosShell which are really not part of DOS and are not
required for programs like CT to run.  Indeed if you are running one of the
utilities you could not be running CT.

So, the DOS that ships with 95 and 98 is really not limited or crippled in
any way some of the utilities simply are not there or provided as part of
95/98.

Guess one could say that if one did not want to run the 95/987 versions of
the utilities, why buy 95 or 98.  Just stick with 6.22.