CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Cabrillo to CT converter version 4.0 (beta)needstesting

To: <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Cabrillo to CT converter version 4.0 (beta)needstesting
From: "AK" <K4YKZ@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:27:19 -0500
I would like to strongly object, Jim.  I paid - many years ago at Dayton -
for my CT8 copy, but would be happy to pay a reasonable fee for CT10 DOS
upgrades. Have never seen a blue screen or lost a contact due to DOS, and my
old AT just keeps on going.  I use XP on my $50 Pentium II, but still love
the CT10 that I run on the AT. The XP is for spots and other internet stuff;
DOS is faster & better for contest logging. How about keeping CT DOS alive,
and charging a modest fee. What you think is adequate compensation) for
updates? Charging for the prefix updates as well, would not seem
unreasonable.

73, Andy K4YKZ

p.s. My regular QSO log software is EQF version 9 (DOS). Tom Dandrea - in
sunny Florida - laughed when I needed some support to interface it with my
IC756pro3, but gave the info I needed to interface the radio. (However, I
really do need to get rid of of my serial mouse.)