CT-User

Re: [ct-user] trunc bi.exe and QSO B4

To: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>, "CT Reflector" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] trunc bi.exe and QSO B4
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:57:23 -0700
Hi Bob - Thanks for the help - but its fighting me.

Let me try to show you exactly what I am doing and maybe you will see
something I am doing wrong.

W98SE - go to DOS prompt

get to C:\CT>

type in CT and <enter>

get C:\CT>\CT
CT Version 10.03.002 by K1EA
Enter File Name:

I enter ARDXTEST -KA    (ARDXTEST is just a file I am playing with ) and a
space between the filename and -KA

The program starts .
I type in NOWORKDUPE  <enter>

then enter a known dupe -

ALT F7 sends  QSO B4
INSERT sends the dupe call and QSO B4

This is all OK if running  BUT

my understanding is the -KA switch should  NOT send my call when I am doing
S&P and I have entered a dupe call and press my call F4 ,and that would be
nice . I do notice the -KA switch is not in his list updated 19 Apr 2007 .

I was not sure the switch is working however - so I tried entering
ARDXTEST -NOW which should go directly to the logging screen but it does not
, it stops at the info screen just as if you had started it normally.

So somehow either I am not doing something right or the -KA switch is gone
???

Can you tell from what I have shown ?

Incidentally if I try to do like you said and type -KA ARDXTEST it opens a
new program with -KA as -KA.bin . My Grandson (typical 21 year old computer
jock) tells me I always have to do DOS switches after the filename as does
the old CT manual I got when I bought CT years ago.

Thanks - Hank K7HP