CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Does WinCT run on Windows XP?

To: <K1zx@aol.com>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Does WinCT run on Windows XP?
From: "Mike K9MI" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:39:43 -0000
WinCT runs fine on XP and even though it's a windows program, you'll still
be able to use it like you did CT for Dos. I think it's in version 10 now.
I've only used it a few times because of the money I have wrapped up in
other Windows logging software. N1MM is also a free program, but coming from
a CT background you will have some learning curve. I think anyone who has
used CT for Dos and is going to CTWin should have no trouble. Vista, well I
have that on my laptop and I would have to use USB devices or use USB to
serial adapter. My XP machine has 8 serial ports and 2 lpt ports, so I'm
sticking with it as long as I can. Also, I have this pc setup for dual boot
using Dos 6.22. That way I can use the Dos version of CT if I want or TRlog.
I'm a bit surprised you can't run WinCT on your xp machine. Maybe it has
something to do with the new processor? I've not tried much on my new
notebook with Vista. It's always a good idea to keep a 95 or 98 machine
around "just in case".

Good luck,
73, Mike K9MI