CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT-DOS

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>,"Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT-DOS
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:45:49 -0000
I have an amazing bunch of private email ranging from the ridiculous to the
sublime. A good friend of mine, and a contester who I have a lot of respect
for sent this:""CT is so pitifully inferior to N1MM you must be joking.""
His response was kind compared to some.
Here's my response to him and others: Last weekend I spent a few hours
during the SS. I had 400 Q's. CT was, of course, the logging program I used.
I had straight forward one line logging for every contact. Each entry was
instantaneous, no waiting for the computer and/or the software to catch up.
I instantly knew how many sections I had worked and what was left to work. I
had call check partial instantly. If I wanted rate or packet or score I
could have had that to. If I were a packet user only stations needed would
show up in the packet window. When I would take a break to lay down(health
reasons) I typed one word in the logging line  and all files needed for post
contest would be written. When I was finished contesting I just typed one
word in the logging field and all the files were written. I don't know what
else a contest logging program is supposed to do. Unlike so many of the
wannabees I don't need point-n-click. Simple and I mean simple commands take
care of every eventuality. If I don't want to be bothered with all the
windows overhead nonsense running in the background then I run the contest
in pure DOS.
Yes it is fashionable these days to have bells-n-whistles and screens full
of stuff. Does any of that get me one more contact or NL...'NO'... So if it
doesn't get me one more contact then why do I need/want it?????
The last concern I have is this is the CT mailing list, presumably for CT
users. Why did I receive 4 private email promoting N1MM. I have CT tattooed
on my ass and it's there to stay..:-)
73

p.s. I did receive many more atta-boy emails than negative ones.
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ