CT-User

[ct-user] Merge Bug

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Merge Bug
From: Alan Braun <albraun@socketis.net> (Alan Braun)
Date: Thu, 08 May 97 01:20:00
I posted a message a couple of weeks ago about problems merging files
for Field Day.  I discovered the problem, which actually is in the MERGE
utility and not in CT proper.  I was trying to merge a small CW.bin file
with a small SSB.bin file for a 2A FD operation of the sort my club usually
does.  It seems that if the same call appears at the same time in both files,
MERGE thinks it is only one contact & doesn't merge the 2nd one in; if
however the time is different there is no problem.

e.g. 0105 K1EA 1D EMA CW  plus 0105 K1EA 1D EMA SSB = only on QSO in
the merged file, whereas if the times are different both QSO's make it into
the merged file.  This is with the MERGE.EXE file dated 4-22-94, which is
the most recent one I've found.

This would appear to be a "bug" that needs to be fixed in a subsequent
release of the program.

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct