CT-User

[ct-user] Cabrillo and Soapbox Comments?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Cabrillo and Soapbox Comments?
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:14:02 -0600
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:04:42AM -0500, Geovincent@aol.com wrote:

> November SS 2000 rules 2.4.2 states
>
> Times off and on must be clearly noted in paper logs. They should be listed
> separately in the "Soapbox/Comments" section of an electronic Cabrillo file
> submission.
>
> My question is, where is the "Soapbox/Comments" section? I do not see such a
> section listed on the file. And where do I put it if I add it?

Here is an excerpt from the confirmation email I received from ARRL after
submitting my SSCW log:

"Time-on and time-off reporting is not required for logs submitted in
the Cabrillo format.  This message supersedes item 2.4.2 of the 2000
ARRL November Sweepstakes Rules on page 102 of October 2000 QST."

Thus it appears the ON and OFF times are not required.  Also soapbox
comments can be added manually to the file with any text editor (expect
Notepad, most likely).  Apparently, the program that reads the logs
will be able to determine off times, which are thirty minutes at a minimum
length, if I recall.

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good