CT-User

[ct-user] Call for July VHF Test Logs for SCP Database

To: "'CT-User'" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Call for July VHF Test Logs for SCP Database
From: "Dave Zeph" <zephd@indy.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:59:04 -0400
While you still have your Cabrillo file handy, please send me a copy for use in
compiling the VH Super Check Partial (SCP) Database.  This is a complement to
the excellent HF Contest SCP Database maintained by WA1Z.

Logs are kept in confidence.  The previous year of logs is deleted when the
June Database is released.  The various files can be found at
www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/  .  The trailing “/ is required.  Cabrillo files should be
E-Mail’ed to    zephd@indy.rr.com.

I’m still missing a lot of logs from the June Contest.  I know propagation was
really good in June and I would like as many logs as possible.  I’ve yet to
hear from some of my regular contributors.

The log processing software vets the calls in the Database against QRZ.COM’s
XML Database in an attempt to determine Invalid Calls.  I’d also hoped it could
be used to find Callsign Changes and the calls of –SK’s–.  The previous version
of the XML Database did not contain this information.  However there is now a
second version of the XML Database that does.  Unfortunately my good friend
John Bennett, N4XI who wrote my Log Processing software passed away early
Sunday.  I need to find someone knowledgeable of the Apache Server and
PostgreSQL to help with a couple of modifications.

I had Rotator Cuff Surgery in May and recuperation is going well I think.  I
have a much greater range of motion than expected at this point and it’s hard
to avoid doing things I’m not supposed to do – like typing.  This one
left-handed typing finger stuff is getting OLD!

73 → Dave, W9ZRX