CT-User

[ct-user] CT9.xx pin out?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT9.xx pin out?
From: lenrev@wwa.com (Len Revelle) (Len Revelle)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 20:51:49 GMT
Jamie, Thanks much for the information which confirmed my memory.
I have reverted to using V8.xx rather than have to assemble another LPT cable.

I think it's time I explore something other than CT for contesting possibly TR
or get used to my Logic software. I've never gotten a response from anyone
listed as a CT rep nor the BBS so customer service is not a consideration.

I would rather have seen LTP2 and LPT1 left alone and additional control signals
needed for the antenna switches, etc.. relegated to LPT3/4. I had not yet found
that my W9XT board would suffer as well.

Thanks again for the help.

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 06 Nov 1995 15:52:44
>From: Ken Wolff <ken@packetcluster.com>
>To: Jamie Tolbert <jtolbert@gremlan.org>
>Cc: ct-user@ve7tcp
>Subject: Re: LPT pinouts
>

>The DVK escape bit got preempted some time ago by the Top Ten Antenna
>Controller. After I get some more feedback, I'll publish a revised spec. I
>re-wrote the LPT handler over the weekend to make it nearly trivial to move
>bit around. I can also support up to 4 LPT ports if that becomes necessary.
>>
>>Why is the escape bit for the dvk on a different port? some of this is
>>new to me but is this why my w9xt card doesnt work with 9.26 even though
>>my lpt port is not bi-directional?? works fine with 9.22 but escape does
>>not stop transmission . i to would prefer that dvk keying be on lpt2 so
>>that lpt1 be reserved for other conventional uses . cw keying on lpt2 in
>>9.22 works fine but not on 9.26 . how would one use a voice keyer with
>>the pinouts on 2 different ports?? simply hard wire one pin from lpt2 to
>>the proper place on the dvk??or is ther more to it that that ??
>>73  Jamie WW3S  jtolbert@gremlan.org

>>> Ken,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the opportunity to comment on 9.27. I look forward to it
>>> so I can use both my OMNI and DVK ... and that is why I am writting.
>>> Unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems that the to fully use the DVK,
>>> it requires two LPT ports. This is kinda' hard with a W9XT card. How
>>> about putting the Escape bit on the same port as the F1-F4 bits? Would
>>> also be best for an outboard DVK. It also means keeping the CW keying
>>> on the same port. I my personal situation the CW PTT is not needed, so
>>> it being on LPT2 is not a problem. Not sure where the escape bit is now
>>> for the W9XT card since I just got one. It may mean a new ADDRGAL to
>>> handle that, but we probably get Gary to do that. What say other
>>> W9XT users?
>>>
>>> Of course for my personal situation, I would prefer the DVK F keys and
>>> CW keying to go to LPT2 so I don't have to change all my normal applications
>>> to use LPT2. (the W9XT card is LPT2 now).
>>>
>>> 73, Jim, WA6SDM
>>> jholly@cup.hp.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Submissions:              ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org