CT-User

[ct-user] Voice DVP, DVK, W9XT or Kenwood DRU??

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Voice DVP, DVK, W9XT or Kenwood DRU??
From: Dean St. Hill" <vision2000@sunbeach.net (Dean St. Hill)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:10:13 -0400
Hi Guys

I'm trying to decide on what to do about a voice keyer.

I'm a confirmed dyed-in-the-wool CT user, but need some advice on which
of the several available options is best for my voice keyer needs.

I'm tempted to simply buy an MFJ voice keyer and trigger it using the
LPT switches available within CT. I think this is overall the cheapest
method.

But I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the DVP and more recently by
the W9XT board.

Is there anyone who has actually used this equipment especially if
you've used two or more of these units: Please give me your impressions
and a comparison.

I'm particularly interested if you've used these pieces of equipment in
a high rate single-op setting.

Thanks

Dean - 8P6SH/8P2k
vision2000@sunbeach.net