CT-User

[ct-user] antenna control problem solved

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] antenna control problem solved
From: Michaela Riederer <Michaela.Geisselbrecht@phil.stud.uni-erlangen.de> (Michaela Riederer)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:47:51 -0700
hello,

this is Martin, DL4NAC. many thanks to all of you who helped solve the
following
problem, especially to k4fj, n3rd and pa3aav!

> a group of contesters from the Bavarian Contest Club tried to get a band
> decoder
> from top ten devices run together with CT. we did not succeed.
>
> we used a 25pin-cable from the computer-lpt to the band decoder box. we tried
> some
> different computers and CT versions 8.50, 9.37 (with -A switch) and 9.39
> (with -A
> switch). we sometimes had a kenwood ts850 at the com, sometimes not. we
> sometimes used lpt also as a key and/or dvk-port, sometimes not. all attempts
> failed.
>
> now the question is: did we forget something? which CT-version do we need for
> this?

the solution is simple: as most of you stated, the correct switch is -AC
(Antenna
Control). we dont know, why there es stated -A in our version 9.39 ALT-H-file
and
nothing in some ALT-H-files of other versions. in the version9-manual it is
correct.

we tried all of our 4 computers (that is why this answer lasted some time) and
the
top ten devices band decoder works perfectly at all of these with the -AC
switch!

many thanks again, 73s de Martin, DL4NAC.