CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT and USB

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT and USB
From: "Barry Kirkwood" <barry.kirkwood@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:50:04 +0000
Hello all;
Thanks for the most helpful posts on the topic of CW keying from USB ports.
Should mention that I am presently residing in north Thailand with no
immediate prospect of getting a licence to operate here, am contemplating a
visit to XU to operate the station for rent in Shianhouville.
Have learned about available interfaces to go between the computer and the
rig, and when I have a home station again will almost certainly get one of
the ones that manages CW, digi modes, voice keying etc, complete with built
in CAT device. If nothing else would tidy up a lot of cable!
But in my present situation will follow the suggestion of my old friend Ken,
ZL1AIH (perhaps better known for his efforts at ZM1A contest station) and
look around for an older laptop and use that for radio work.
Would have many advantages apart from needing only a single transistor to
key the rig, including no great problem if lost or damaged when travelling.
As it happens, it is my computer club meeting today, so will down there and
see what I can chase up.
Thanks again to everybody for your help.
73
Baz ZL1DD