CT-User

wierd label printing problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: wierd label printing problem
From: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net (Gary Schwartz)
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 09:09:54 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Bob Fabry--N6EK wrote:

> I would like to print QSL labels from one log after another using a
> dot-matrix printer.  I would like to start CT with one BIN file, print a
> some labels, type quit, start CT on a different BIN file, print some labels,
> quit, etc.  It doesn't work right.  Typically, when I start CT on a second
> BIN file and type the first label, the printer and CT both hang.  I have to
> turn everything off and start over in order to clear the hang.  Turning off
> just the printer doesn't help.

Why not create a special file, which contains all the .bin files, and
print from that?  You can use the MERGE utility to do this.

73,
Gary K9GS    (You have to STOP the Q-Tip when there's resistance !)
        | Gary Schwartz  K9GS           E-Mail: garyk9gs@solaria.sol.net |
        | Society of Midwest Contesters   Packet:K9GS@WA9KEC.WI.USA.NOAM |
        | Greater Milwaukee DX Association Secretary/Treasurer           |

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com
Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@eng.pko.dec.com