CT-User

CT 9.23 + Pentium =?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT 9.23 + Pentium =?
From: lew@teleport.com (Lew Sayre)
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 04:26:12 -0700 (PDT)
 Maybe this is basic... but I can't get CT to control my radio as it should.
 A few facts...  Radio= FT1000D with ver 6.00 Rom
                 Computer= Gateway Pentium chip 60MHz, PCI interface
          Radio-Computer interface = W1GEE
  Set comtsr3 to -b4800 -n82
  What happens.. there is a 18-45 second delay between keystroke &
result.. I know West coast runs can be slow.. but this is silly
I found a "fix" on the gateway BBS for com ports which I installed which
should have helped... but hasn't.
    When I check what the computer thinks is going on by the MSD command
I will see that if I set up the com port without the radio connected, all
settings will be correct, but if and when I connect the radio, then I
always see the parameter for CTS switched to  positive...something I
didn't do and don't want.
    I try to run this through DOS.. If I tried Windows I might become
more unbalanced than I already am.
    The W1GEE self test shows that it is working just fine. Also When I
try N6TR the radio control works fine also.. but I want CT to work as it
should also..
   Any ideas? I don't think I have address problems...but anything is
possible. Thanks to Barry who has offered much advice so far!  What do
the gurus say?
    73 and I remain,
    Lew        N7AVK       lew@teleport.com

--