CT-User

DVP problems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: DVP problems
From: barry@w2up.wells.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 94 21:01:05 GMT
HELP!!! SInce getting my DVP I've had intermittent problems. Thought
I solved it last year after a few phone calls to Ken.
I get a clicking noise (about 2/sec) when audio is playing. Ken told
me this was an interrupt problem. OK, so I tried IRQ5, and all seemed
OK. At least it worked during the CQWW Phone test. On Friday when I
booted up with DVPTSR -i5 selected, the old clicks were back. Sooo,
tried DVPTSR -i2 and it worked! Though, CT told me my radio was
timed out, when it was still working. Turend off system Friday nite,
and when tried to reboot Sat AM, using IRQ2, clicks were back. Tried
IRQ5 (all these IRQ changes purely DVPTSR software settings, the DVP
is set for IRQ5) and it worked!
Any clues as to what's going on here?
I'm using a bare bones CONFIG.SYS, QEMM as mem mgr, COM1 for radio,
COM2 for TNC, LPT1 for printer (inactive and powered down for contest),
and a Buss mouse (IRQ2) without MOUSE.COM loaded during contest.
Any help appreciated.
73 Barry

Barry N. Kutner, W2UP       Usenet/Internet: barry@w2up.wells.com
Newtown, PA                 Packet Radio: W2UP @ WB3JOE.#EPA.PA.USA.NA