Karlnet

Re: [Karlnet] More on System Delays and Locks

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] More on System Delays and Locks
From: "Steve Loomis" <loomiss@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:52:07 -0600
Just a comment, we have a similar setup to yours with a similar mix of equipment. The noise levels we have are running in the -80's on sites with tower top amps and hi -80's to low -90's if no amp is used. We re mostly rural. Our speeds are pretty consistant, but at times customers do complain of slowdowns to the tune of 200kbps. We attribute that to occasional interference to our 5.8gig links. My concern is your relatively high noise level. Changing channels probably just got you away from a very severe noise source. I know this isn't much help, but I wanted you to know the system can work.
We are routed also, that was a major improvement. We have other parts of the system running Trango, Alvaion and Waverider equipment spread out over a rather large area and multiple towers fed by point to multipoint Trango equipment. Once we reached a certain size we had to go from a totally bridged to a routed network. This alone really stabilized the whole network and made it very consistant. Just food for thought...

Steve Loomis
Vroomwireless Inc.