NA-User

[na-user] My NA Wish List

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [na-user] My NA Wish List
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:30:52 EST
At year (and millenium) end, a common time for making lists, here is my list
of things I would like to see in coming versions of NA:

1.  Checking data fields for proper selection of letters and numbers.  It
could  be a  user selectable option.  Using SS for an example, you would get
a beep if you put letters into the number or check field, or numbers into the
section or precedent field.  For the callsign field it would alert a second
number separated by more than one letter and no "/" , i.e.  W7CB/6 or 8P9Z
would pass but 8PP9Z or K8MR64 would not. (Neither would 3DA0ACA, but that
wouldn't bother me for the few such calls that exist).

2.  PTT assertion a brief (50 msec?) before the first character of a message.
 I occasionally get momentary high SWR conditions on my IC-746 with power
turndown, etc., which I suspect is related to a relay not pulling in
completely before the RF arrives.

3.  Rover operation from a single file, not  separate files for each QTH
operated from.  This would include a dupe checking option for "Both QTHs must
match for Dupe".

4.  Now that paper entries are generally not allowed for electronically
generated logs, printed logs should be optimized for review and archival
purposes,  which in my mind means the maximum number of qsos that will fit on
a sheet of paper.    I think for a short exchange contest like CQWW 100 or
even 150 per page would be possible by eliminating non-changing information
like the sent exchange or the date.

5.  Different color background for "Radio 1" and "Radio 2" bars.

6.  A very happy, healthy, and successful New Year and New Millenium for
Dave, Tom,  Craig, and all the NA crew, as well as all of the NA users out
there.

Merry Christmas!

Jim  K8MR