NA-User

[NA-User] NA and WPX

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] NA and WPX
From: "Robert Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 21:28:46 -0600
Those of you using NA, how have you set up for a multi-single with computers
networked?
How did you keep your serial numbers in order (other than maybe keeping qso
numbers by band)?

I do not think it is possible, or is it, to have a run station and a mult
station and keep a set of numbers for the run station and a different set of
numbers for the mult station.

Last time I did a multi-single in WPX was back in 2002.  At that time, I think
we just kept consecutive serial/qso numbers.  But doing that was a bit of a
hassle because when a guy would work a mult on a band other than the "run"
band, he would have to be sure that the "run op" did not give out the same qso
number......or he had to alert the "run op" that he was giving the worked mult
THIS number.

The rules state that the mult station must use its own set of serial numbers.
However, it is not written but understood that qso numbers by band are ok (by
setting up NA as a multi-multi).  It is really just a matter of submitting a
log which accurately indicates the serial number that was sent.

The last two multis in wpx here have been multi-multi where there are no issues
(qso number by band).

So what would you guys suggest?  Consecutive or by band.

Bob