NA-User

[NA-User] Lost connection

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Lost connection
From: ae4ic@nr.infi.net ( Robert L. Kellogg)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:03:30 -0400
Guys,

I think my NA program has become corrupted.  Or, maybe some of you will
have a suggestion.  (unfortunately, if it's corrupted I'm in trouble,
because I inadvertently copied the bad copy over my original good copy.)

I use it as a single operator with a single radio, so I don't have the
more complicated network problems.  NA worked fine for some time, but
suddenly it won't send CW and it won't do the band change with Alt-F1 or
Alt-F2.  (neither on the computer screen or on the radio) I don't use
the software sidetone, listening instead to the radio sidetone, but
apparently the rig isn't keyed either.

I just put the serial interface kit in my K2, and was hoping to take
advantage of the serial connection between the rig and the computer.
Using Hyperterminal, the computer can change bands on the K2, so that
connection is working.  The problem exists whether I use the old cable
(which worked) or the new one made for the K2.  In other words, I don't
think it's the new serial interface, but I mention this just so you know
where we're at with this thing.

As a sporadic user, I may have just pushed some software switch through
error, and that's why I'm writing this note.  Hopefully, someone will
just say, "Oh, you need to check the Fritzamacallit box"
The program seems to load as normal.

Help or suggestions welcome.
Bob Kellogg, AE4IC
Prolably, not nececelery. -Benny Hill