NA-User

[NA-User] Changing Logging Time

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] Changing Logging Time
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (k4oj)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:36:38 -0500
no you don't, been a while since I done this but since I had to do it
many times from memory here goes (note that in your config file there is
a command to offset the log from the computer clock - if you use that
with tthe correct number of hours of offset you should not run into this
problem) :

At the prompt, before NA booots, type NAU, which the NA Utilities
program - there you can select the option to change times - it will add
however many minutes you want to the entire log - i.e. if your log was
off by 5 hours it would add 300 minutes onto everyline...it generates a
new file and the old file is saved with an "old" designater..

Think that is right - works easily - like I say I have used it more than
once ... a bigger problem is if you have a network of computers and only
one is off timewise that makes a real mess... fortunately NA has
timesync which will make all the computers in the network have the same
time as the one you just typed that on!

Sub-note - make sure the Day is correct also - sometimes if you are off
you may have to use the time utility several times to move things by
that much tume!

Bottom line is to have "check time and date shown on logging program" as
one of your pre-contest checklist items!

73,

Jim, K4OJ