NA-User

Re: [NA-User] Sprint logic

To: NA-USER@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [NA-User] Sprint logic
From: Ron Wetjen <wd4ahz@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:12:49 -0500
Jimk8mr@aol.com wrote:

I've never really tried the Sprint Logic function, but I'm not real keen on keys that send different messages at different times.

But isn't that exactly what you're doing in the Sprint? The only thing that changes is if your call gets sent at the beginning of the QSO or at the end ... depending on if you answer a call or someone calls you.

Just set up your F keys like this:

F1 = CQ
F2 = tu # name QTH
F3 = R
F4 = your call

And use "Sprint Logic", and you avoid all this

> 1.     CQ NA K8MR NA
> 2.     DE K8MR NR # JIM OH
> 3.     K8MR NA
> 4.     K8MR
> 5.     (Other Guys Call)
> 6.     QSO B4 K8MR NA
> 7.     @ TU NR # JIM OH K8MR
>
> So when I've called a guy and logged his exchange, I hit F7
> and its all done. When a guys answers my CQ, I hit insert as
> normal.

You never have to think about hitting F2 or F7 or sending "R" with the paddles! Use "Sprint Logic" and let the program figure it out for you. I've never had NA send the wrong "format" in a Sprint. Practice with it before this weekend, I'm sure you'll find it much easier to use that way.

73, Ron