NA-User

[NA-User] 990/computer interface

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] 990/computer interface
From: k8cc at comcast.net (David A. Pruett)
Date: Wed May 14 22:44:06 2003
Bob,

You must not be going to Dayton - that's the only way you could be asking
this question now.  As for me, I leave for Dayton tomorrow morning - here's
some quick ideas, but I won't be back on e-mail until at least Sunday night.

What operating system are you running?

>Have tried known working com ports.

I'm assuming these "work" for DOS programs and you're not running under
Windows.  Just because ports work under Windows does not mean they will
work under DOS.  You're not sharing IRQs, are you?  (Hint: that will not
work.)  When you set up the COM port for the radio (i.e., baud, IRQ, etc.)
does a hex address appear for the port you're setting?  If not, your COM
ports are probably set for "PnP" in the BIOS and have to be set to fixed
addresses (like COM1: 3F8hex).

>Radio is a 990 which runs at 4800 baud.  XCVR1 selected and set at 4800
>baud.  Using 10.58.  As far as I know I have the settings right.

Sounds right to me.  I don't have 990s but I have six FT-1000Ds and those
are the settings.

73,

Dave