Orion

Re: [Orion] Orion display issue

To: k2xx@swva.net
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion display issue
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:35:27 -0600
Joe,
        It's a common trait with the new 2.x FW that the contrast
settings have changed significantly.  I set mine for "white on black" and
find also that 36-40% is what I find best looking.  I have not
experienced the problem with selecting the options that you mentioned.
It was difficult to see the options when I first load a FW level because
the contrast setting is not one that is retained, and the default is
inadequate for good viewing.  Hope this helps.

        73,  Duane

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:31:45 -0500 Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net> writes:
> I am using firmware version 2.05 and it has been a major improvement
>
> over v. 1.372.  However, I recently turned off my gear and when I
> turned
> it back on again, the display was much dimmer and I was not able to
>
> select the various options in the menus because the highlight would
> not
> move from its topmost position.  The highlighted selections tended
> "stretch" as I turned the main dial but would  not move to the next
>
> selection.
>
> Finally, I did a master reset and after persisting at the menus for
> while, I was able to select the display contrast.  Now, in order to
> have
> an acceptable display, I had to reduce the contrast to 36%.
> Originally,
> it was at 50%.  The highlight selections are still are little
> erratic.
>
> I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if they know the
> cure.
>
> 73, Joe
> K2XX

Duane Calvin, AC5AA