Orion

[TenTec] XLR Connector Info Needed

To: tentec@contesting.com,"Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] XLR Connector Info Needed
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:31:43 -0500
I bought a used dual cartridge Heil mike several months ago and it has worked FB. However, lately I received several bad audio reports that seem to be associated with that mike. I attempted to take the female XLR connector apart in order to examine the solder connections, and although the two lower screws were easily removed from the connector housing, the top screw (closest to the socket) appears to be recessed far into the hole and won't come out. Is this normal? Is there a special technique required for disassembly? Or is it verkecht?

I've never worked with these connectors before. Please advise.

73 and happy holidays!

Joe
K2XX