Orion

Re: [Orion] Orion Hardware NB bug from N6BV (Gary Tuck)

To: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>, orion@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion Hardware NB bug from N6BV (Gary Tuck)
From: Jay Terleski <jayt@arraysolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:49:43 -0600
Bob,  or the group.

I am finally using my Orion for its very first contest.
I was reluctant to do so due to the learning curve, but tonight it seems
to be doing fine except for one thing.
CW relay is just going rat-a-tat-tat inside the Orion.  But the Amp (
non QSK) is getting a good non QSK PTT / amp relay closure from it.  In
other words the amps relay is not keying like a QSK signal.  It is
normal in a sort of Vox dely.

My question is this, is the Orion acting normally with the relay going
nuts all the time with every CW dot and dah, or do I have a setting set
wrong?   I am afraid I will wear out the relay.

The manual doesn't seem to say much.

Jay

bob finger wrote:

> VaporWare?  Not a chance.  1.372 provides the best dam receiver I have
> had in 40 years.  Ver 2.0 can only make it better, or we can revert back
> to 1.372 and forget about it.  On to cqwwcw...73 bob de w9ge
>
> Gary Tuck wrote:
>

>>Well, John, it may be "lateware" but not "vaporware" yet.

Jay Terleski
Array Solutions
972 203 2008
Military Communications Systems, Phased Arrays, RF Switches, Antennas &
Towers
http://www.arraysolutions.com