Orion

[Orion] Orion's CW Offset from Writelog Packet Spot?

To: Orion Reflector <orion@contesting.com>, orion565@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Orion] Orion's CW Offset from Writelog Packet Spot?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:25:28 -0500
During the ARRL CW contest, I noticed that when I grabbed spots from
Writelog, I was consistently lower than I should have been. I say this
because I was rarely successful when I  called on the grabbed frequency,
almost always when I moved up a bit.  Enough to notice.

Could this be happening because I haven't set the offset of the optional
filters in the setup menu?   Should the Orion's Spot and Sidetone, and
Writelog's CW Decoder all have same settings?

I'm lost!

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC