RFI

[RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor
From: BJ3684@aol.com (BJ3684@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:28:06 EST
jon writes in part;

Any help, including some "local" elmering from anyone in my area (Algonquin,
IL) would be appreciated.

Thanks es 73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon, this may not address your problem exactly the way you wish, but this is
what Ive done here many times when the going gets rough.

Neighbor comes to door
complains of tvi (ssb or cw)
I arrange to come over and observe the interference
before i leave the house
I turn on a loop tape on ssb, <my call> testing 1,2,3
i go to neighbors house
we talk awhile
i suggest we switch on the TV
WOW   look at this
its terrible
i look at neighbor, and say--- this cant be me
im here with you, and we're still getting interference
in the 5-10 cases ive handles in this manner,
only one time did this not work.
The neighbors were embarassed that they "bothered me"
and they never rang my door again.
It was suggested that there were other hams or cbers in the neighborhood
or police calls or whatever, which cause this type of interference.
What do you think.???

Bob   K2YGM

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html