RFI

Re: [RFI] [BULK] Re: Ambient Noise Levels

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [BULK] Re: Ambient Noise Levels
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:14:25 -0500
Brown wrote:

   "But for most sources, the transition from
    near to far field occurs at roughly 1/6 wavelength"

I don't believe sources I cited not a month of two back
are in agreement with that statement NOR does it
agree with the empirical  results that those using
shielded magnetic loops experience (which I had
just alluded to in, I think, my previous post.)

I will provide those sources again this evening when
I've got more time.

As to your contention that a measureable amount of
noise, from man-made incidental radiators, can create
S4 levels of noise, say, 100 miles distant, even
considering cumulative effects (that is, many sources
adding together to create 'the noise') I cannot at this
moment accept.

Jim P