RFI

Re: [RFI] Nest Thermostat

To: "'W5JR.Mike'" <w5jr.mike@gmail.com>, <dave@nk7z.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Nest Thermostat
From: "john brodie" <brodiejb@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:07:00 -0800
Had a Honeywell programmable thermostat here, purchased through Nu-Heat,
with GFI built in.  The GFI tripped every time I went transmitted above 14
MHz to my SteppiR vertical mounted on the roof.  No amount of RF filtering
with capacitors and ferrite cores fixed it.  Honeywell took it seriously and
kept sending me different models until finally the 3rd and last one behaved.
Since then it has never malfunctioned in 2 years.  Honeywell understands
what RFI is and seems prepared to deal with it professionally.  Full marks
to them.
John VA7XB