RFI

Re: [RFI] Kitchen remodeling appliances

To: "'Steve'" <steve65@suddenlink.net>, <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Kitchen remodeling appliances
From: "Gene Langendorff" <k6ttm@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:20:02 -0700
From: rfi-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rfi-bounces@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:44 PM
To: RFI@contesting.com

Thanks Dale. I might try a dimmer and, since it's my kitchen, change it
out for a switch if it's RF noisy :-)

All of the dimmers in my house (15 or 20 of them) are the Lutron "Maestro"
line.  Excellent dimmer and I haven't heard a peep out of them, highly
recommended.  They cost a little more than your run-of-the-mill dimmers but
you get what you pay for.

My understanding is that the usual under-cabinet lighting is low
voltage. Wonder if the power supplies make noise into the RF spectrum?

I also have some low voltage pendant lights that make a lot of noise.
These, too, have one of the Lutron dimmers on them but I know the dimmer is
quiet.  It's those darned "electronic transformers" that are making the
noise!  I'm keeping my eyes open for something that will work but so far
haven't come across anything.