RFI

Re: [RFI] Power Lines

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Lines
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:05:20 +0000
Old and new...

The last DC distribution station in NYC was just retired after they
installed rectifiers in the last building that it was powering.

Today High voltage DC is an excellent choice for long distance transmission
of power because of low losses at the high voltages used and also because it
eliminates AC synchronization problems.  There is in fact at least one
connection to the Mexican grid where back to back converters are used just
to separate the AC systems from each other.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net