RFI

Re: [RFI] Non-transmitting tower causes RFI/EMI?

To: "Larry Benko, W0QE" <xxw0qe@comcast.net>, <n6cy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Non-transmitting tower causes RFI/EMI?
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:01:58 -0500
Hi Rick,

Alas & alack, were I you, I would give some very SERIOUS thought to moving
away from the neighbourhood, & into the country...

Years ago, when we resided in the bowels of suburbia, I had one neighbour
who suddenly whined incessantly about RFI to her imported two-line telephone
system, whenever I was on 10-meters. After several phone calls, and letters
to the phone company by me (as well as and on-site tests by me & my Ham
friends), I discovered --- quite by accident --- that the company had very
nicely & properly REPLACED the neighbour's afflicted telephones with
upgraded BRAND NEW units, for free...!

She never even had the decency to tell me...

But then, she did show her gratitude for what I had done, after a fashion,
by spilling cranberry juice all over one of her new phones! What a
sweet-heart...

The icing on the cake --- after all this wonderful co-operation and
neighbourly interaction --- was the evening I was playing with my baby son,
when the phone rang. It was her, with an accusatory snarl in her voice,
saying, "...You're on the radio again, aren't you...?!"

That was it.

We sold the house, moved to 4 acres in the country, and I have NOT looked
back.

Lesson learned: there are two kinds of people in this world, i.e. those who
are selfish, inconsiderate, and just LOVE to whine & complain "...because
they are able to", and those who just want to enjoy Ham radio, in peace...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ