RFI

Re: [RFI] Power Line Noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Power Line Noise
From: "RFI Services' Mike Martin" <mike@rfiservices.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:55:59 -0500
Kim,
Your comment below suggests the source of you RFI isn't the source you
located.

The noise is intermittent: it starts and stops abruptly as the wind blows,
though I can detect no obvious correlation to wind changes and the starting
and stopping of the noise.

If the noise on the pole has different characteristics than the source at
your QTH you will be wasting effort and the opportunity with OEC. It's very
important to be sure that you are sending them to the right noise.
Since OG&E is your power provider it would be a good idea to start with
them. They have several competent RFI investigators and should do great with
determining the source. If you can get a wav file of the noise send it to
me.
I have Bcc'd OGE.
Best wishes,
Mike Martin