RFI

Re: [RFI] Example of Rural Wi-Fi/Wi-Max

To: "'RFI Reflector'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Example of Rural Wi-Fi/Wi-Max
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:00:36 -0700
I think it would be difficult to come up with business models because of the
extreme variability in financial circumstances.  Making sure that rural
utilities (and the suburban ones for that matter) see this type of article is
probably as effective as anything.  Remember that there are many solutions
available to the utilities and they are mainly looking for the investments that
have the highest payback/risk ratio.  Demonstrating that a low-risk option with
a decent payback is available carries a lot of weight.

73, Ward N0AX