RFI

[RFI] Ignition Noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ignition Noise
From: kmarch@ix.netcom.com (kate)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:08:25 -0700
Recently I tried shielding my ignition cables in a Toyota 4 cylndr car to
suppress mobile ignition noise.  The cables were new.  While the shielding
helped significantly in reducing the noise radiation, within a week the
cables started breaking down and caused the engine to miss.  Obviously good
cables are in order.  Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer of resistance
ignition cables?  What about RG8, with a resistor to limit current current,
as an alternative.  Anyone have experience in this area? Thanks,  Bob