RFI

[RFI] 2 meter cordless

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 2 meter cordless
From: wtill@bordercity.com (William Till) (William Till)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 14:33:13 -0600
For Canadian amateurs:

After study of the two references below to documents published by Industry
Canada, it appears that IC makes it very clear that
144-148 mhz is allocated to the Amateur service with a sub-allocation of
144-146 for the Amateur satellite service as per this quote
from the document titled "Spectrum Utilization Policy for the
Mobile, Broadcasting and Amateur Services in the Frequency Range 30-896 MHz
(Part II)"

>5.3.2 144-148 MHz
>Domestic Allocations
>AMATEUR
>AMATEUR-SATELLITE (144-146 MHz)
>Utilization Policy
>The band 144-148 MHz is available for the amateur service. The 144-146 MHz
>portion is also available for the amateur-satellite service.

The other reference is the same.

I have not studied any of the other results of the search below, but it appears
that Canadian amateurs are recognised and protected
by Industry Canada and contact with them on the subject would not be advisable.

Thanks for bringing this important subject to our attention.

73

Bill
VE5FN