RFI

Re: [RFI] [BULK] Re: Ambient Noise Levels

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [BULK] Re: Ambient Noise Levels
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:37:54 -0500
Jim,

I think I can sum up what you said then thusly:

   The multiplicity of non-intentinal emitters in the
   'skip zone' contributes to the overall observed
   rise in noise level by the effect of summation of
   said non-intentional emitters at the receive site.

(I think, too, that most of us are aware of the mechanism
by which progation is achived by 'charge movement'
on a wire or other conductor.)

I don't know that I entirely agree with that statement of
the origins of the noise, however.

As many of us are also aware, and can demonstrate
through the use of shielded loops, a LARGE percentage
of received EMI is rather received via "near field" effects
and more specifically the E-field component as opposed
to "balanced" E-H propagation, travelling wave AKA
propagated-wave effects, of which class 'ground waves'
are a member (as ground wave are actually continuous
diffraction of radio waves over curved earth, with the earth
acting as the diffracting 'knife edge' beyond which propagation
occurs, and the means by which ground wave propagation
is effected).

Jim P