RFI

Re: [RFI] Car Advice

To: "RFI" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Car Advice
From: Joe <wa6rkn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:00:40 -0800
I was looking into buying a Prius.  When I talked to the Toyota salesman, I
told him I was a ham and asked if there were any known issues on installing
an all band, (VHF-HF) 100 watt, radio in the car.

He was most emphatic when telling me that the installation of any electronic
transmitting device in the car, outside of a garage door opener, would void
the warranty.

Needless to say, Toyota lost a sale.  Subaru won.  No problems, saved 10
grand, and get 35 mpg on trips...ragchewing on HF all the way.

Sorry about the interference issues with your Sequoia.  Guess the salesman
knew what he was talking about.....

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN