RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL's

To: "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL's
From: "Andy" <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:57:48 -0500
Our first two compact fluorescents that I recall us using, have been in use
since we got them (maybe 15 years ago?).  They don't get used many hours per
day anymore, but one is still used regularly.  Since the day we got them,
one sometimes takes 5-20 seconds to first light up.  Annoying, but we live
with it.

I think I have retired only one CFL out of several that we've bought over
the intervening years.  It started flickering just last week.  It lasted
roughly 5 years, ~7 hours daily on a timer.

It seems the incandescents would 'pop' every few months here.  I'd say
there's no comparison between the two.

YMMV, of course.  Maybe we've just been lucky.  Or maybe my memory is flaky
... could be!

No fires or meltdowns, and not much RFI (though we have a standard
fluorescent that is a bear in that department).

I put half a dozen CFL's in the recessed ceiling lights at the office.  They
were still running just fine when we vacated the office a couple years
later.

Andy