RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI & Alarm Systems?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI & Alarm Systems?
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 20:56:18 -0700
: OK re. the CB-thing, I know others who used to do that in developments
: with garage door openers.

Many of the older ones, especially Telectron (many in my collection)
operated by a tone on 27.255 MHz, CB channel 23.  With the dramatic increase
in CB usage beginning in the late 60's, they moved up to 250, 275, 290
MHz...

Older Class C paging alarm systems could be triggered at will by either
recording their transmission or carefully whistling their sequential tone
code.  Great way to annoy a neighbor at 2 A.M.  You can also whistle various
tones at an End Of Train Device (replaced cabooses) and get various

Interesting side note.  The Telectron VHF receiver and small leather-bound
transmitter, a little smaller than a pack of smokes was used by Mamie
Eisenhower to summon Secret Service in case of an emergency in the White
House.

Kurt