RFI

[RFI] Help with Powerline Interference

To: "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Help with Powerline Interference
From: "W9RPM" <john@w9rpm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:36:49 -0600
Hi, I am looking for some guidance with the Powerline Interference I have
been getting at my location. My Power company has  replaced Insulators at
points where they have detected noise, and are doing some tree trimming on
the distribution lines.

Currently, the problem is the worst to the Northeast of me. It is sometimes
S9+ here. I runs from about S7-S9 from about direct North thru East. It is
the worst on 17 Meters, and does drop off above 6 Meters.

When I rotate my beams to the Southeast, it drops off to about S5 on 17
Meters, and completely on 6 Meters.

I have Transmission Lines in the direction that it is the worst that run up
and along a Bluff. These are about 3/4 of a mile from me. They run from on
the top of the Bluff down and north to a Sub Station. I am pretty sure that
they are the main source of the Interference.

Today the Interference is real bad, and the weather is cloudy, but very
Windy. Was less yesterday with it fairly calm and sunny.

I am looking for any help that anyone can provide for me to give the Power
Company as to what to look for with this.

Sorry to be so long, but am trying to get something figured out before
winter when they cant do much up on the bluff.

Thanks and 73 John W9RPM

EMAIL: john@w9rpm.com
WEBPAGE: http://www.w9rpm.com/
AOL IM: W9RPM